By Ryan Benedetti, Ronan Cranley
If you must learn—and understand—how to create interactive websites, unobtrusive script, and funky animations that do not kill your browser, this booklet is for you.
- Use jQuery with DOM to beat the constraints of HTML and CSS
- Learn how jQuery selectors and activities paintings together
- Write features and cord them to interface elements
- Use jQuery results to create activities at the page
- Make your pages come alive with animation
- Build interactive web content with jQuery and Ajax
- Build varieties in internet applications
Over 35 hands-on recipes to successfully grasp the artwork of behaviour-driven improvement utilizing Cucumber-JVM
About This Book
- Create a attempt automation framework to deal with internet, leisure, and local cellular program automation
- Discover Glue code, Hooks, Tags, and Cucumber's integration with Maven, Jenkins, and Git
- Comprehensive recipes in Cucumber for behaviour-driven improvement and attempt automation
Who This publication Is For
This publication is meant for enterprise and improvement team of workers who are looking to use Cucumber for behavior-driven improvement and attempt automation. Readers with a few familiarity with Cucumber will locate this ebook of such a lot benefit.
Since the most aim of this publication is to create try out automation frameworks, earlier event in automation should be helpful.
What you are going to Learn
- Explore using the Gherkin Language to jot down significant and clever characteristic files
- Understand situation, Steps, Backgrounds, situation Outlines, and information Tables
- Discover the suggestions of Glue Code and Step Definitions in detail
- Gain insights into the differing kinds of Step Definitions, standard Expressions, document Strings, facts desk differences, and seize Groups
- Master the complex ideas of enforcing Tags and Hooks
- Override default Cucumber suggestions and settings besides varied output record formats
- Run Jenkins and Cucumber from Terminal whereas operating a number of Cucumber eventualities in parallel
Today, behaviour-driven improvement (BDD) is becoming more popular world wide. Cucumber-JVM is likely one of the quickest growing to be instruments and provides a state-of-the-art platform for conceptualizing and imposing BDD. the range of gains on hand inside of Cucumber complements the adventure of enforcing BDD for either company and improvement teams.
This publication offers you the talents you want to effectively create, customise, and configure the Cucumber framework. you'll find tips to create function records, and Step Definitions, and allow a variety of configurations, akin to "Before" and "After" features, with enjoyable routines. you are going to around off your studying by means of developing automation frameworks to automate internet, leisure, and cellular apps.
By G. Avola, Jon Raasch
Developers, here's what you must migrate your talents to mobile
If you're a loyal reader of Smashing journal, you recognize that each one improvement roads now result in cellular, so desktop-browser-based internet builders have to wake up to hurry and shortly. begin migrating your skills to cellular with this very good e-book. It first is helping you're making the swap to HTML5 and CSS3, earlier than educating you ways to use these talents to construct web content that paintings throughout all cellular units and cellular browsers.
Topics contain utilizing wireframes and templates, realizing frameworks reminiscent of jQuery cellular, getting up to the mark on more recent applied sciences reminiscent of Boilerplate, and more.
* crucial advisor for net builders who are looking to construct web content that paintings throughout all cellular units and cellular browsers
* Explains the fundamental instruments you'll want for internet cellular, together with HTML5, CSS3, and JQuery Mobile
* Brings you up to the mark on more recent instruments similar to Boilerplate
* retains your expert talents modern with today's know-how trends
By the time you end Smashing cellular internet Development, you'll have outfitted your individual cellular web site that includes geolocation, social media, and more.
By Dan Sanderson
As one in all modern-day cloud computing prone, Google App Engine does greater than offer entry to a wide approach of servers. It additionally provides you with an easy version for construction purposes that scale immediately to house thousands of clients. With Programming Google App Engine, you will get professional functional tips to help you make the easiest use of this robust platform. Google engineer Dan Sanderson exhibits you the way to layout your functions for scalability, together with how you can practice universal improvement projects utilizing App Engine's APIs and scalable services.
You'll find out about App Engine's program server structure, runtime environments, and scalable datastore for dispensing information, in addition to recommendations for optimizing your software. App Engine bargains approximately limitless computing energy, and this publication presents transparent and concise directions for buying the main from it correct from the source.
- Discover the diversities among conventional net improvement and improvement with App Engine
- Learn the main points of App Engine's Python and Java runtime environments
- Understand how App Engine handles internet requests and executes software code
- Learn how one can use App Engine's scalable datastore, together with queries and indexes, transactions, and information modeling
- Use job queues to parallelize and distribute paintings around the infrastructure
- Deploy and deal with functions with ease
By Daniel P. Friedman, Matthias Felleisen, Duane Bibby
The inspiration that "thinking approximately computing is among the most enjoyable issues the human brain can do" units either The Little Schemer (formerly referred to as The Little LISPer) and its new spouse quantity, The professional Schemer, except different books on LISP. The authors' enthusiasm for his or her topic is compelling as they current summary suggestions in a funny and easy-to-grasp style. jointly, those books will open new doorways of notion to an individual who desires to discover what computing is absolutely approximately. The Little Schemer introduces computing as an extension of mathematics and algebra; issues that everybody reports in grade tuition and highschool. It introduces courses as recursive features and in short discusses the bounds of what desktops can do. The authors use the programming language Scheme, and engaging meals to demonstrate those summary rules. The pro Schemer informs the reader approximately extra dimensions of computing: features as values, switch of nation, and unheard of circumstances. The Little LISPer has been a favored advent to LISP for a few years. It had seemed in French and eastern. The Little Schemer and The professional Schemer are useful successors and should end up both well known as textbooks for Scheme classes in addition to spouse texts for any entire introductory direction in machine technological know-how.
By Jesse Feiler
If you’ve bought amazing iOS principles, get this booklet and produce them to life!
iOS 7 represents the main major replace to Apple’s cellular working method because the first iPhone used to be published, or even the main pro app builders are searhing for info on easy methods to reap the benefits of the newest iOS 7 good points of their app designs. That’s the place iOS App improvement For Dummies is available in! even if you’re a programming hobbyist eager to construct an app for enjoyable or a qualified developer trying to extend into the iOS marketplace, this e-book will stroll you thru the basics of creating a common app that sticks out within the iOS crowd.
- Walks you thru becoming a member of Apple’s developer application, downloading the newest SDK, and dealing with Apple’s developer tools
- Explains the main variations among iPad and iPhone apps and the way to take advantage of each one device’s beneficial properties in your advantage
- Shows you the way to layout your app with the top consumer in brain and create a phenomenal consumer experience
- Covers utilizing nib records, perspectives, view controllers, interface gadgets, gesture recognizers, and masses more
There’s no time like now to faucet into the ability of iOS – begin construction the subsequent giant app this day with support from iOS App improvement For Dummies!
By Matt Wynne
Your shoppers wish rock-solid, bug-free software program that does precisely what they anticipate it to do. but they cannot regularly articulate their rules truly adequate that you can flip them into code. The Cucumber Book dives directly into the center of the matter: conversation among humans. Cucumber saves the day; it is a checking out, verbal exchange, and standards instrument - all rolled into one.
We'll enable you show your buyers' wild rules as a collection of transparent, executable requirements that everybody at the group can learn. you will the right way to feed these examples into Cucumber and permit it advisor your improvement. you will construct simply definitely the right code to maintain your buyers satisfied, and never a line more.
The first a part of the e-book teaches you ways to exploit the middle good points of Cucumber. you will tips on how to use Cucumber's Gherkin DSL to describe-- in undeniable language - the habit your clients wish from the approach. you will the best way to write Ruby code that translates these undeniable language requisites and exams them opposed to your program. partially 2, you are going to consolidate the data you simply won with a labored example.
Although it was once born within the Ruby group, you should use Cucumber to check virtually any process, from an easy shell script or a Perl script, to firm Hypertext Preprocessor or a Java internet software. partially three, you will discover a range of recipes for probably the most universal occasions you are going to come upon utilizing Cucumber within the wild. you are going to methods to attempt Ajax-heavy net functions with Capybara and Selenium, relaxation internet providers, Ruby on Rails purposes, command-line purposes, legacy functions and plenty more!
Written through the author of Cucumber and one in all its such a lot skilled clients and members, The Cucumber Book is an authoritative advisor that might provide you with and your group all of the wisdom you must commence utilizing Cucumber with confidence.
What You Need:
Windows, Mac OS X (with XCode) or Linux
Ruby 1.9.2 and upwards
By Betsy Beyer, Chris Jones, Jennifer Petoff, Niall Richard Murphy
The vast majority of a software program system’s lifespan is spent in use, no longer in layout or implementation. So, why does traditional knowledge insist that software program engineers concentration totally on the layout and improvement of large-scale computing systems?
In this choice of essays and articles, key contributors of Google’s web site Reliability workforce clarify how and why their dedication to the complete lifecycle has enabled the corporate to effectively construct, installation, visual display unit, and retain the various greatest software program platforms on the earth. You’ll study the rules and practices that let Google engineers to make platforms extra scalable, trustworthy, and efficient—lessons at once appropriate on your organization.
This e-book is split into 4 sections:
- Introduction—Learn what web site reliability engineering is and why it differs from traditional IT practices
- Principles—Examine the styles, behaviors, and components of outrage that impact the paintings of a domain reliability engineer (SRE)
- Practices—Understand the speculation and perform of an SRE’s daily paintings: construction and working huge dispensed computing systems
- Management—Explore Google's top practices for education, verbal exchange, and conferences that your company can use
A functional project-based consultant to producing compelling seek suggestions utilizing the dynamic and strong beneficial properties of Elasticsearch
About This Book
- Discover the facility of Elasticsearch by means of enforcing it in various real-world eventualities reminiscent of eating place and e-commerce search
- Discover how the beneficial properties you spot in an ordinary Google seek should be completed utilizing Elasticsearch
- Learn how one can not just generate actual seek effects, but additionally increase the standard of searches for correct results
Who This e-book Is For
If you're a facts fanatic and wish to discover and specialize on seek applied sciences in keeping with Elasticsearch, this is often the correct booklet for you. A compelling case-to-case mapping of gains and implementation of Elasticsearch to unravel many real-world use instances makes this ebook the perfect option to begin and specialize on Elasticsearch.
What you'll Learn
- Build an easy scalable server for potent looking out in Elasticsearch
- Design a scalable e-commerce seek way to generate exact seek effects utilizing numerous filters equivalent to filters in keeping with date diversity and value range
- Improve the relevancy and scoring of your searches
- Manage real-world, advanced information utilizing numerous suggestions, together with parent-child seek and looking out questions in line with the factors of questions and answers
- Use the wonderful facts crunching and aggregation power of Elasticsearch to investigate your data
- Generate real-time visualizations of your facts utilizing compelling visualization innovations, similar to time graphs, pie charts, and stacked graphs
- Enhance the standard of your seek and widen the scope of suits utilizing numerous analyzer options, corresponding to decrease casing, stemming, and synonym matching
Elasticsearch is a dispensed seek server just like Apache Solr with a spotlight on huge datasets, schemaless setup, and excessive availability. using the Apache Lucene library (also utilized in Apache Solr), Elasticsearch permits strong full-text seek, in addition to autocomplete "morelikethis" seek, multilingual performance, and an in depth seek question DSL.
This ebook begins with the production of a Google-like net seek provider, permitting you to generate your personal seek effects. you'll then find out how an e-commerce web site may be equipped utilizing Elasticsearch. we'll speak about a number of techniques in getting suitable content material up the consequences, comparable to relevancy in line with how good a question matched the textual content, time-based fresh records, geographically closer goods, and different usually used approaches.
Finally, the publication will conceal a variety of geocapabilities of Elasticsearch to make your searches just like real-world scenarios.
By John Sonmez
Soft talents: The software program developer's existence manual is a distinct consultant, providing concepts and practices for a extra pleasurable existence as a certified software program developer. In it, developer and lifestyles trainer John Sonmez addresses quite a lot of very important "soft" issues, from occupation and productiveness to private finance and making an investment, or even health and relationships, all from a developer-centric viewpoint.
Forewords through Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob) and Scott Hanselman.
Purchase of the print publication incorporates a loose booklet in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Book
For so much software program builders, coding is the thrill half. The demanding bits are facing consumers, friends, and executives, staying effective, reaching monetary safety, maintaining your self match, and discovering real love. This ebook is right here to help.
Soft talents: The software program developer's lifestyles manual is a advisor to a well-rounded, gratifying lifestyles as a expertise specialist. In it, developer and lifestyles trainer John Sonmez deals suggestion to builders on very important "soft" matters like occupation and productiveness, own finance and making an investment, or even health and relationships. prepared as a suite of seventy one brief chapters, this fun-to-read ebook invitations you to dip in at any place you love. A Taking motion part on the finish of every bankruptcy indicates you ways to get quickly effects. delicate abilities can help make you a greater programmer, a extra worthwhile worker, and a happier, more healthy person.
- Boost your profession via construction a private brand
- John's mystery ten-step approach for studying quickly
- Fitness recommendation to show your geekiness for your advantage
- Unique concepts for funding and early retirement
About the Author
John Sonmez is a developer, instructor, and lifestyles trainer who is helping technical pros improve their careers and stay a extra fulfilled life.
Table of Contents
- Why this booklet is not like any publication you have ever read
- Getting began with a "BANG!": do not do what all people else does
- Thinking concerning the destiny: What are your goals?
- People abilities: you would like them greater than you think
- Hacking the interview
- Employment ideas: Enumerate your choices
- What type of software program developer are you?
- Not all businesses are equal
- Climbing the company ladder
- Being a professional
- Freedom: easy methods to hand over your job
- Freelancing: Going out in your own
- Creating your first product
- Do you need to commence a startup?
- Working remotely survival strategies
- Fake it until you are making it
- Resumes are BORING—Let's repair that
- Don't get non secular approximately technology
- Marketing fundamentals for code monkeys
- Building a model that will get you noticed
- Creating a wildly winning blog
- Your basic aim: upload price to others
- Speaking, featuring, and coaching: converse geek
- Writing books and articles that allure a following
- Don't be afraid to seem like an idiot
- Learning easy methods to study: find out how to educate yourself
- My 10-step process
- Steps 1-6: Do those once
- Steps 7-10: Repeat these
- Looking for mentors: discovering your Yoda
- Taking on an apprentice: Being Yoda
- Teaching: research you will want? educate you must.
- Do you wish a level or are you able to "wing it?"
- Finding gaps on your knowledge
- It all starts off with focus
- My own productiveness plan
- Pomodoro Technique
- My quota approach: How i am getting far more performed than I should
- Holding your self accountable
- Multitasking dos and don'ts
- Burnout: i have the cure!
- How you are wasting precious time
- The significance of getting a routine
- Developing conduct: Brushing your code
- Breaking issues down: how you can devour an elephant
- The worth of labor and why you retain heading off it
- Any motion is healthier than no action
- What are you going to do together with your paycheck?
- How to barter your salary
- Options: the place the entire enjoyable is
- Bits and bytes of genuine property investing
- Do you actually comprehend your retirement plan?
- The possibility of debt: SSDs are expensive
- Bonus: How I retired at 33
- Why you must hack your health
- Setting your health criteria
- Thermodynamics, energy, and you
- Motivation: Getting your butt out of the chair
- How to achieve muscle: Nerds could have bulging biceps
- How to get hash-table abs
- Starting RunningProgram.exe
- Standing desks and different hacks
- Tech equipment for health: Geeking out
- How the brain affects the body
- Having the fitting psychological perspective: Rebooting
- Building a good self-image: Programming your brain
- Love and relationships: pcs cannot carry your hand
- My own luck publication list
- Facing failure head-on
- Parting words